What Can You Put In A Hired Skip In Hampshire
Skip Hire Hampshire is a premier skip hire company in Hampshire. We offer a wide range of skip sizes suitable for all kinds of waste disposal requirements. Our efficient skip hire services operate throughout Hampshire and the South East of England.
If you are planning to hire a skip, you may wonder what you can put in it. It is essential to know what can and cannot be disposed of in a skip to avoid any legal issues or health hazards. In this guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to know so that you can effectively dispose of your waste in a skip.
Skip Hire Hampshire offers various skip sizes that range from a mini skip to a roll-on roll-off skip. The skip sizes we offer along with their respective features are:
- 2 Yard Mini Skip: It is perfect for small domestic projects or garden waste.
- 4 Yard Midi Skip: It is ideal for small house or garden renovation projects.
- 6 Yard Builders Skip: Its the most common skip size for commercial and domestic purposes.
- 8 Yard Large Builders Skip: Its ideal for large renovation or construction projects.
- 10 Yard Maxi Skip: Its perfect for large domestic projects, garden waste, and bulky items disposal.
- 12 Yard Maxi Skip: Its ideal for commercial and industrial waste disposal.
- 16 Yard Maxi Skip: Its ideal for large bulky items and commercial waste disposal.
- 20 Yard Roll-on Roll-off Skip: Its ideal for larger construction and commercial waste.
What Waste Can You Put In A Skip?
Generally, skip hire companies allow the disposal of any non-hazardous waste in their skips. However, there are some exceptions.
Items That Can Be Put In A Skip
- Household waste: If you are clearing out your home, you can put unwanted household items in a skip. This can include anything from furniture, appliances, and carpets to garden waste, toys, and clothing.
- Construction waste: If you are engaged in a construction or renovation project, you can put construction waste, such as rubble, bricks, tiles, and concrete in a skip.
- Commercial waste: If you operate a business, you can dispose of commercial waste, including office furniture, papers, and packaging materials, in a skip.
- Garden waste: You can also put garden waste in a skip, such as soil, leaves, branches, and vegetation.
- Metals: Skip Hire Hampshire accepts metal waste, such as aluminum, copper, steel, and iron.
Items That Cannot Be Put In A Skip
- Hazardous waste: You cannot put any hazardous or toxic waste in a skip. Hazardous waste includes chemicals, asbestos, batteries, and medical waste.
- Electrical equipment: Electrical equipment, such as TVs, computers, and refrigerators, are not allowed in a skip. You must dispose of them differently.
- Flammable items: You cannot put flammable items, such as gas canisters, aerosols, and paint, in a skip.
- Tires: Skip companies do not accept tires in their skips.
How To Dispose Of Hazardous Waste?
Hazardous waste must be disposed of differently than non-hazardous waste. You cannot put hazardous waste in any skip. Hazardous waste can have severe environmental and health implications if not disposed of correctly. It includes items such as asbestos, batteries, chemicals, and medical waste.
Skip Hire Hampshire does not accept hazardous waste in any of its skips. If you need to dispose of hazardous waste, it would be best to contact your local council to get information on proper disposal methods.
Why Choose Skip Hire Hampshire?
If you are looking for efficient and reliable skip hire services in Hampshire, Skip Hire Hampshire is a top choice. Our services are available throughout Hampshire and the South East of England. Here are some reasons why you should consider hiring a skip from us:
- Wide range of skip sizes suitable for any waste disposal requirement.
- Competitive prices, and we will always try to beat any quote.
- Efficient and reliable service - we can deliver and collect our skips within 24 hours.
- Environmentally friendly Waste Management.
- Hassle-free booking process.
- Professional and experienced team with top-quality services.
To sum up, hiring a skip for waste disposal is a convenient and cost-effective solution. You can put various non-hazardous wastes in a skip, including household waste, construction waste, commercial waste, garden waste, and metals. However, it would be best if you always avoided putting any hazardous waste, electrical equipment, flammable items, and tires in a skip.
If you need reliable skip hire services in Hampshire or the South East of England, contact Skip Hire Hampshire. Call us at 01256 973033 or email us at [email protected] to discuss your requirements, and we will provide you with a quote. Alternatively, visit our website at skiphire-hampshire.com to book a skip online.